Thursday, May 5, 2011

the art of distraction.

the art of distraction.

it's what the devil does to take our attention away from our goals that we have set for ourselves, and i have fallen victim to to it.

i have to admit that the last few weeks i have not been on point with my "bustin' for a bump" plan. thus, why i have not posted very much. i am really ashamed. :(

i have eaten horribly, failed to work out, and blamed all of this on a horribly busy schedule. i am currently working 3 jobs, we are still children's pastors at our church, i am heading up relay for life at the church, and we have had some complications arise in our schedules. it's not been an easy journey to really even start. but, i know i have to get through this and start looking not only to my future but to the future of my family.

on sunday morning, we have a great sunday school class for twenty-somethings in our church. our teacher is AMAZING. every sunday, she gives us the bible verses we are studying that day in class. this sunday, one in particular really struck me. 1. Corinthians 9:24-25. 

So, here I am. I will continue to run for the prize--a precious jewel to call my own. I will not be discouraged. I will forge on.

What I've Been Reading:


You'll be surprised about some of your favorite foods.
My favorite breakfast food was on the "Not That!" list. :(
What I've Been Watching:
Yo Gabba Gabba! We are sneaking these programs into our house,
so we can get used to them before we have a little one.



You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally.

--1 Corinthians 9:24-25 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment